[Rhodes22-list] Motor lift.

John Tonjes johntonjes@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:12:58 -0500

I'm doing some spring maintenance on my boat and one of my projects is
cleaning and checking out the motor lift. I took apart the slide that
actually holds the motor and noticed a stress crack between the two bolt
holes on the thick plastic piece. This is the first time I have noticed this
and wanted to mention it to the list because I know that some of you have
motors that weight almost twice as much as my Tohatsu and generate more
torque as well. My solution to this problem is not to replace the piece, but
I'm going to reinforce it with 1/8" Stainless steel. It should add enough
strength without the cost of replacing the entire slide. But, it will be
something I will keep an eye on. In all my years on this list this is the
first time I have ever heard of this problem. Hopefully it's simply just
that, an isolated problem...mine.

Rummy