[Rhodes22-list] joke

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:38:04 -0500

A priest and a rabbi are sitting next to each other on an airplane.

After a while the priest turns to the rabbi and asks, "Is it still a
requirement of your faith that you not eat pork?"

The rabbi responds, "Yes, that is still one of our beliefs."

The priest then asks, "Have you ever eaten pork?"

To which the rabbi replies, "Yes, on one occasion I did succumb to
temptation and tasted a
ham sandwich."

The priest nodded in understanding and went on with his reading.

A while later, the rabbi spoke up and asked the priest, "Is it still a
requirement of your church that you remain celibate?"

The priest replied, "Yes, that is still very much a part of our faith."

The rabbi then asked him, "Have you ever fallen to the temptations of
the flesh?"

The priest replied, "Yes, rabbi, on one occasion I was weak and broke
with my faith."  The rabbi nodded understandingly.

 He was silent for about five minutes, and then he said, "Beats the hell
out of a ham sandwich, doesn't it?"