[Rhodes22-list] RE: [rhodes-list] New Main Sail - Wearewaitingfor more accurate information

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:05:09 -0500

Wally,
I let Jim know directly that new software dumped the .bin into a new
location. Opened easily as a jpeg. There's normally a reason why things
get more difficult.

Anyhow, the green is closer to what the sail looks like, or maybe
halfway in between both lines.

Wally, if the dimensions we spoke of for the dead-ended topping lift
are used-23'3" and 10'9", that's almost a 2:1 ratio, while this is a
3:1. So the "humpback" area (across where the topping lift would run is
much more significant. The sunbrella area outside the mast is only
slightly increased from maybe 12" to 16" as an approximate.

Hope this helps to visualize it. I know the photos will help when
released.
Jay