[Rhodes22-list] Pendant Tube leak revisited

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:24:51 -0500

A while back I got some good advice on repairing a slow leak that I thought
was coming from my Pendant Tube. After closer inspection it turns out the my
tube is fine. I can see why others have had to cut a hole for this repair,
what a bitch to get at!

A few bucket tests revealed that the tube wasn't the cause of the leak.
Driving rain can leak around and under my companionway door and then drip
onto the cabin step. It doesn't leak much and it really takes a bunch of
heavy rain to make this happen. I have placed a boom tent (brown poly tarp)
over the cabin and hatch and I am guessing this will help.

Anyone else have rain water come in through the companionway door? Is there
anything I can put on the door itself to help seal better?

Wally