wrapping/covering was [Rhodes22-list] How does all that water find it's way to the bilge.

Bill Berner bberner@optonline.net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:37:04 -0500

I'm with Bill E on being glad I didn't cover the boat.
In the past, I've also used a blue tarp, running it over the boom to keep it
pitched.
I'm not sure that the gooseneck woldn't have held up with all the snow
weight. I wonder if all of that weight would have been an issue for the
lower forward shrouds?

BB
Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896
f 914 478 3856
e BBerner@optonline.net

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Bill Effros
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 4:28 AM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] How does all that water find it's way to the
bilge.

Gil,

That's a nice tarp.  The ones I saw shredded were all the blue ones.  The
shrink wrapped boats also had no problems.

I put a cinder block under the aft end of the trailer to keep it from
kicking up if too much weight shifts to the stern.  A couple of boats
smashed their sterns this winter because they did not take that precaution.

Also, some boats with tarps were damaged by bungee cord flogging.  Along
with all our snow, we got a lot of wind.

Bill Effros