[Rhodes22-list] New Pop Top Encl.

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:20:34 -0500

Slim,

Thanks for posting; best shots I have seen of the Pop Top Enclosure. I have
never actually seen one, only photos. Your installation looks nice. It
brings up a few questions....

It looks like there are no screens for the front and front side, is this
correct?

Does the door have a screen?

Also the part that covers up the companionway, it looks like you have to
roll up the flap to allow entry, is this correct? I have seen some designs
that had a vertical zipper in the middle of the door piece. You could unzip
3/4s of the way and go in and out. It seemed like a nice idea.

A previous owner of my boat had the enclosure, the snaps are still on the
boat. I was hoping that the thing opened up a little more. Summers here are
warm even with the pop top up, hatch open and door off.

Maybe I will get an estimate on having someone (Alex?) make an enclosure
with no plastic windows. I think I would like all windows made with screen
only, screened companionway with zipper and flaps you could roll down and
close windows and entry way with.

I hope you enjoy your Pop Top Enclosure, I know it really opens the cabin
up. Your boat is looking good man!

Wally