[Rhodes22-list] Wild Wind

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:58:52 -0500

Ed,
I went to my boat yesterday with no plan on sailing. My tiller was left home
with coat 3 of varnish drying. I was going to rebed the table support that
goes in the cockpit floor. It turns out that there was some rot and the wood
needed to dry out before I could start repairs. I exposed the area and
started puttering around doing a few others things,

I watched a few boats go out and then the wind started to pick up. I decided
I was going to lash my boat hook pole down and use as a tiller. It actually
worked just. Because I was working on the boat I had the pop top up and left
it that way while sailing. Well of couse the wind picked up even more and
and  because I didn't have my real tiller with extension I really couldn't
sit up on the rail. I really needed some rail meat. After burying the rails
a couple fo times I finally lowered pop top, and boom; and things were much
better. An awesome day!

I am glad to see your lake levels returned.

Wally