[Rhodes22-list] Stout Boat Hook

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:51:05 -0500

Ed,

Well you get what you pay for. I bought the cheapest thing I could find,
when it breaks I wll get a nicer one.

I forgot to mention yesterday was the first day I was able to sail all the
way to my slip. My marina is protected in an inlet that has very narrow
winding creek/channel that is about 3/4 of a mile long. In some places the
width is less than 25 yards of so. All the trees and hills make is senseless
to try and sail so I usually do what every one else does; sail up to the
inlet, furl sails and motor in.

I noticed as I came down the river on a beam reach that I might have a shot
of sailing through the narrows. The wind was really blowing and I decided to
try and sail in. I lowered the motor just in case the wind died or a bunch
of cruisers decided to excite inlet. I kept up my speed and turned in
falling off to a broad reach than a run (wing on wing at times). I popped
through the narrows and then wind picked back up letting me sail the rest of
the to the marina. I headed up a little and furled the main right before I
made the 90 degree turn into my row. I luffed up a little, furled the genny,
and coasted down my row making the final hard right into my slip.

You got to love the easy handling Rhodes!

I just finished coat 4 on my tiller. I am trying to decide it I want to head
out to the lake .......

Wally