[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Goering on Going to War

Rik Sandberg sanderico@earthlink.net
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:28:08 -0600

Bill,

you wrote
"Getting rid of a dictator does not necessarily mean that what follows will
be better"

That is certainly a valid point. BUT, does this then make it right to just
do nothing? There is one sure bet here. Whoever replaces Saddam Hussein
would have to work very hard to be a worse example of humanity. There is
virtually no chance for a positive change as long as this man is in power.

I think that these things are happening a long ways from home and are
pretty easy to ignore. Would you feel the same if they sent you a video
tape of the gang rape of your wife to punish you for speaking out against
our government policies?? If you were dragged off in the night to be
electrically shocked and beaten with metal rods, maybe sodomized with a
stick, would you not pray that there was someone in the world with enough
guts to offer you some help??? Or, would you still side with the folks that
want to continue trading oil for weapons?

There is a cliche that goes; the definition of insanity is doing the same
thing over and over again while expecting a different result. It's time to
change the pattern here.

Rik