[Rhodes22-list] sailing dinghy

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 05:32:10 EDT 2003

Rik,

Where did you buy your Fatty Knees?  The website
doesn't list prices and I haven't found a retailer.
Good Old Boat reviewed 4 dinks and  compared the Fatty
Knees to the Walker Bay as a "Mercedes to a MG
Midget", whatever that is supposed to mean.  A company
in England makes a folding dink called the "Stowaway"
which according to World Champion Alice Driscoll sails
great.  It would easily fit over the aft cabin on the
S2 or on the foredeck of a Rhodes 22.  Cheasapeake
Light Craft makes a pram kit that is probably the
prettiest of all dinks.  It does require about 50
hours of finishing time which means I could have it
ready by the Beijing Olympics (2008).  I swear picking
a big boat is an easier decision.  By the way, have
you figured out where to locate the generator on the
Fatty Knees?

Brad