[Rhodes22-list] sailing dinghy

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 00:00:34 EDT 2003

Brad,

I've got a Fatty Knees 8, by Edey and Duff. I wish I could give you a great
review on it, but I haven't been able to sail the darn thing yet. I have read
some great reviews on it though. I had intended to take it to K Lake last
fall, but things got too busy and we were lucky to make it there with what we
had.

You will find that most of the fiberglass dinks that are built like the Fatty
Knees will run in the $3000 dollar range, if you want the sailing package.
That's what I got. I think you can get a Walker Bay w/sailing package for
about 2/3 of that.  Most of the reviews I have read on this boat have said,
"this boat is a great value for the money". This seems like another way of
saying it's not bad, but you do get what you pay for.

I figured I might as well lay out the bucks and get a dinghy that would live
as long as I can sail. I can probably pass this one down to the kids, once I
get that far.

Rik