[Rhodes22-list] sailing dinghy

Christine Allison sailnut at asan.com
Mon May 5 12:24:45 EDT 2003

I have seen Optimists and Dyers, both sailed by competent sailors sailing in
a variety of conditions.   I would vote for the Dyer every time.  It's also
a beautifully built boat... (like the Rhodes 22)  after decades of
production everything is brilliantly thought out and executed.  Plenty of
wood and bronze.

Also Dyers retain excellent resale value.  I doubt if any dink outside of an
Avon inflatable retains much in the way of aftermarket value.

If I was in the market for a hard dink it would be a Dyer!

Richard Smith