[Rhodes22-list] Finally Launched!!

CaptRHardt at cs.com CaptRHardt at cs.com
Mon May 12 10:13:20 EDT 2003

Well,we did it!Launched our MaineCat22 Sat.5/10 at Calusa Island marina in
Goodland Fl.Took almost 4 hours to set up and rig,but we're keeping it at the
marina on the trailler.Dors this boat ever move.Definitely different sailing
than a monohull,very slow through the tacks,but once the wind fills the
sails-hang on,kinda nice not heeling,boat is 22' long with a 13' beam,feels
great to be back on the water again.Now need to decide what to do with my 84
Rhodes,don't know when I'll get to finish it,if anyone is looking for a nice
project Rhodes 22,let me know,it will be very cheap and a great boat when
finished.Another nice thing on the cat, is the 11" draft with the boards
up,lots of shoal water here in SW FL.Happy sailing all,Capt. Rich