[Rhodes22-list] Todays Sarcasm

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 11:07:23 EDT 2003

May 22, 2003
Gen. Tommy Franks Inks Deal As MSNBC Analyst

(2003-05-22) -- Gen. Tommy Franks today announced his
retirement, and a six-figure deal with MSNBC to
critique U.S. military operations.

"Up until yesterday," said Gen. Franks, "I thought
Coalition forces did a great job executing our
flexible battle plan in Iraq. However, since signing
the contract with MSNBC it seems to me that the war
strategy was deeply flawed and mismanaged."

Gen. Franks would not disclose details of his contract
with America's number three cable news network except
to say, "MSNBC's generous offer made me realize the
value of retired critics to the defense of freedom."

The General said that since writing his retirement
letter he has already begun to have a better
understanding of what happened in Iraq and
Afghanistan.