[Rhodes22-list] advice sought

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Mon May 26 18:51:13 EDT 2003

Larry I recently bought a 1973 R22 with    decent trailer for a 1000 bucks.
It had snow in the cockpit and water in the cabin plus some moldy  interior
fabrics.  It has a 9 hp evenrude in a well. The whole set up was a little
shabby but for the money I couldn't resist.  That eas back in eary April.  I spent
a month of spare time cleaning the boat up.  All the pieces were there.  Plus
a loran set that works and a set of radios that also work.  Since the I have
looked at a lot of boats up to 22 ft.  I have yet to have second thoughts.
there are prettier boats and boats that sail faster but for the size i dought you
will find more room.  I replaced much of the cabin panneling and the sink/
rerig.  area with lighter woods .  I did'nt go crazy just made things simple for
an overnight stay or a few days on the water.  I think you may be paying to
much unless the boat is mint.  A trailer can cost 1500  used.  If the riging
has to be replaced ( 100buck per stay)  or heaven  forbid the sailes?... I think
you can get a better deal with out to  much problem, I saw one near me for
2000 or best ofer last weak.  Any way I thik there a good boat .  Pleanty of
room for a 22 on a trailer.