[Rhodes22-list] Mast hoist system

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Tue May 27 11:20:12 EDT 2003

I lowered my mast ( 1975 standard sail) for the first time this weekend. Let's just say no one was hurt.

I have looked at the pictures of the GB mast hoist system and have some questions.

I would have expected the lifting arm to be mounted directly to the mast base to form a triangle. By having the lifting arm mounted on the coach top separate from the mast is there a lot of force pulling on the mast base?

My standard mast has a simple support with a slotted hole for the mast bolt. Does the new system have something special in the mast base?

thanks

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary