[Rhodes22-list] Civilian Behavior

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 09:50:20 EDT 2003

Dear Civilians,

We know that the current state of affairs in our great
nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to
join the military. For those of you who can't join,
you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas
we would like your assistance:

1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing
a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ...
kick their ass.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the
American Flag in protest... kick their ass.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served,
pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If
you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them
aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the
very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them
on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make
this Nation great. Then hold them down while a
Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.

4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT
pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms
(BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special
Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have
been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only
makes you look stupid and could get your ass kicked.

5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do
not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the
Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass
kicking (children are exempt).

6) If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard
nonmilitary, inform them of their mistake...and kick
their ass.

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is
not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful.
Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a
parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by
placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the
military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying
her...of course, failure to do either of those could
earn you a severe ass kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes
her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is
"traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of
the Year" and get your ass kicked.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military
member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed
the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our
Chain of Command, is to include our commander in
Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is
our CIC regardless of political party. We have no
inside track on what happens inside those big
important buildings where all those representatives
meet. All we know is that when those civilian
representatives screw up the situation, they call upon
the military to go straighten it out. The military
member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see
him kicking your ass already.)

11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to
me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most
likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so
stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop
asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not
standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if
you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone
numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt
(Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we
use describing each other. Unless you are a service
member or vet, you have not earned the right to use
them. That could get your ass kicked.

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a
member of the military, support our troops and their
families. Every Thanksgiving and   religious holiday
that you enjoy with family and friends, please
remember that there are literally thousands of sailors
and troops far from home wishing they could be with
their families. Thank God for our military and the
sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our
country would get its ass kicked.

- "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given
us the freedom of the press.

- It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us
the freedom of speech.

- It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who
gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

- It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves
beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the
flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

(Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your
ass!)

 Mail Upgrades - Search Mail - Mail Options

Mail