[Rhodes22-list] CAUTION, Silly Political Stuff

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 17:33:08 EDT 2003

Last night leaving Oakland we had a really good laugh
(and its hard to find things to laugh about at 2am).
Jet engines are started using compressed air from an
auxillary power unit on board.  If the APU is inop you
have to use a ground based "huffer" unit which is kind
of like the "mother of all air-compressors".  All of
our planes are named after children of employees but
none of the ground equipment is labeled with anything
other than an ID number.  The huffer we used last
night had a name on it in bold, bright letters.

"MONICA"

Brad