[Rhodes22-list] Mast hoist system

LafingBear at aol.com LafingBear at aol.com
Tue May 27 22:49:13 EDT 2003

Hi Folks! I have frequently raised and lowered the mast on my rhodes by
myself, and several times on a sloping beach. Several bystanders on the beach were
betting that the mast would never drop into the mast holder  set up at the
rear of the boat.Never fear, every time, at the last five feet of decent, the
mast centered itself and dropped neatly into the holder. Speed did not seem to
matter  in either raising or lowering the mast as more than once I have had to
stop in the middle of the whole procedure to untangle something. Stan made it
fool proof and I'm here to prove it!
Jilm Gifford
Carmie Anne
Lake Wallenpaupack, Pa.