[Rhodes22-list] Soap Boxes

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Tue May 27 16:47:53 EDT 2003

The list is like sailing....
...some bad wind
...a lot of sunburn and bug bites
BUT oh those special days and nights

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> Bill Berner <bberner at optonline.net> 05/27/03 03:19PM >>>
I've been prompted to write by Brad's last couple of posts, especially
"Rumsfeld apologizes"

I started in to write a suggestion that the list charter be modified to ask
that members be refrain from soap boxing their political positions.

Then I realized that it would be asking for the group to curtail Freedom of
Speech.

So, I'm left with a conundrum.

I am personally sick and tired of the inflammatory conservative claptrap
that shows up here.  It's isn't always the substance that irks me so much,
but the belligerance, sarcasm and school yard bullying quality of so many of
the posts. I have rarely seen any acknowledgement that issues can be
multifaceted and complicated.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like all of the cannon fire comes from the
starboard side, and I'm pretty tired of it.

Chances are that I'll have to quit the list to resolve the issue, not a
choice I easily make.  There has been some good company here, and lot's of
good information.

Curious to see responses, then I'll shut up and make a decision.

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896