[Rhodes22-list] Rhendezvous Rain-out (nearly) Report - bogg?

General Boats wwrhodes at rhodes22.com
Wed May 28 21:56:36 EDT 2003

Bill,

We must be getting old.

Steeplechase is where I took my dates - dutch dating of course and then we went around asking everyone leaving the park for their unused punched rides cards.

So the "Good Old Brooklyn Bridge" (that was an early Frankie movie song) is finally 120.  I remember when it was built.

Nathan is where I started my cholesterol build up. Nothing like it and practically free..

I am probably the only Huckleberry Finn East kid to have ever danced around the icy black still waters of the upper harbor in a 15' Snipe (since everyone else's Snipe was 16') in the middle of the night to
soak in Jersey shores, Ms Liberty, Battery Park skyscrapers, Christmas light strung bridges and the entire Brooklyn waterfront, that could have been a contender if city fathers had only given it a little
respect.

> So what am I doing in Edenton trying to tell future Rhodies why their boat will be a little late this year.

If Lundys is like Lundys was, it is enough reason to go home again.

stan/gbi