[Rhodes22-list] Motors

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Thu May 29 19:37:21 EDT 2003

>> Has anyone had a longer shaft installed?  And at what cost?

Rob,

   I have asked a similar question to the owner of a local outboard repair shop.  Most manufacturers make a kit to make short shaft motors into long(er) shaft ones.  If I could find one for an early 80's Chrysler, you should be able to find one for your Johnson. The kit I found had the shaft, body piece, gaskets, water pump impeller, and some misc. hardware.  This kit was $140.

Todd