[Rhodes22-list] Stan, CAUTION, politics ahead

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 17:54:12 EDT 2003

Wally,

Lets go back a ways in history.  Japan invades China,
we do nothing (read "Rape of Nanching", Iris Chang).
Japan continues expansion throughout Pacific Rim, we
cut off their OIL.   Hitler invades Poland and France,
well, France sends him invitations. Japan bombs Pearl
Harbor and we go to war. Charles Lindbergh advocated
your position as regards going to war in Europe and
was isolated to the politcal fringes for the rest of
his life (read "Autobiography of Values, C. Lindbergh)
 I don't think its a stretch to say that ulitmately
WW2 was about oil, among other economic issues.
Throughout all history, when you peel away the stated
reasons for fighting, theres always an economic one
hidden somewhere.  Nothing would make me happier than
if we never had to fight another war, BUT, the world
operates on the wrong Golden Rule;  "He Who Has The
Gold Makes The Rules".  I think the US has been pretty
judicious with its power since WW2.  Like it or not,
we are the only remaining Superpower.  That won't last
forever but we can't turn back the clock and isolate
ourselves.  Had we listened to Lindy 60+ years ago
that's what we would have done but I'm not sure we'd
still be here as a soveriegn nation.

Brad

=== message truncated ===