[Rhodes22-list] Digital Cameras Revisited

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 12:17:50 EDT 2003

Roger,
Prior to making a decision on which camera to purchase for my needs, I
weighed all the features and benefits of the various brands. A 2.1 megapixel camera
takes outstanding pictures. The photos I take are basically used by the
company to show the estimator and crew chiefs and building owners the existing
conditions on the roof. These consist of overviews and some close-ups of problems
that I find. I carry the camera in a backpack in a padded case. The places I go
and the ladders I climb make this necessary. These are all commercial and
industrial buildings. I liked the Kodak package for several reasons. Low cost,
compact size and the pod which automatically downloads the pictures to the
computer and recharges the battery. Many models don't have the rechargeable battery
feature. With the number of shots I take, this is important.
I'm on my second Kodak camera in about four years of use. I am admittedly
hard on camera's. It has never failed in the field, but knowing that it is a
possibility, I carry a small disposable box camera as a backup.
I can't justify spending the additional money for something that won't do my
job any better than what I already have. I need the extra money for rum.

Rummy