[Rhodes22-list] Help on trailering with a Harken Rollerfurler

Marc Steiger Marc.Steiger at dlptech.com
Fri Oct 3 12:27:07 EDT 2003

I remember someone posting to the list that they used to have a hard time trailering with the Harken rollerfurler because they needed to remove the furling drum when trailering.  I also remember that they fixed the problem using some PVC pipe for stability.  Unfortunately, I deleted the email, and I can't remember who this was.

I have a similar problem, as I use the Harken equipment, and it is a royal pain to reattach the furling drum when you launch the boat.  I would love to keep the Genny rolled on the furler, and the turnbuckles and roller drum attached, when I store the boat this winter.  But I am having trouble figuring out how to do it without damaging the furling equipment.

If anyone could explain how they have braced the harken furler to trailer, I would appreciate it.

Marc Steiger