[Rhodes22-list] Help on trailering with a Harken Rollerfurler

Rik Sanberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 3 11:59:43 EDT 2003

Marc,

As I recall the solution you are refering to involved a piece of PVC or
lumber about 3 feet or so long, that would fit inside the foot end of the
mast. The stick/pipe sticks out the bottom of the mast far enough to
tie/tape the end of the furler to. this will support the loose/overhanging
end and keep it from flopping in the breeze.

We had the same issue with our Profurl on the Flicka. A scrap piece of 2x2
about 3 feet long, stuck insde the mast about a foot supports the end of
the furler just fine. Whatever you use doesn't have to fit perfectly.

Rik