[Rhodes22-list] mast raising

jbconnolly at comcast.net jbconnolly at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 18:45:51 EDT 2003

Morg,

I have only done the mast raising and lowering 2-3 times, mostly for practice with Elton and once each "for real".  I have not managed to achieve a time of less than one hour (yet) but believe it to ba achievable as attested to by those who have done it.

Aside from fast, it is easy.  I tore cartilage in my knee before hauling the boat this fall.  I couldn't climb so I pressed my wife into service to lower the mast.  With no training she did it without difficulty, but we took a while and were careful not to break anything.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
1985