[Rhodes22-list] Mast Raising Cheat Sheet

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Fri Oct 17 07:31:50 EDT 2003

The latest version of the mast hoist has a bale that is attached to the
mast. The mast hoist has a rope that attaches from itself to the bale,
eliminating the need to use the lower back stays. This doesn't make a huge
difference but it simplifies a simple operation even further.

Note: We just pulled Blue Loon out of the water on Wednesday and I would say
it took us 2 hours to drop the mast, tie everything down securely, drain the
water, triple check everything, etc. I know that as we get the system down
to a routine and develop some faster tie down solutions we will be able to
get it done in an hour but at this point we're a little slow... Of course,
we are usually trailering the boat a minimum of 200 miles and we really do
triple check to make sure that nothing is loose or rubbing - it's amazing
how quickly a little flapping line can mark up your boat!

Julie Thorndycraft