[Rhodes22-list] Tow vehicles.

Rik Sanberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 12 14:02:57 EDT 2003

Rummy,

Seems to me that more towing problems are caused by "who is doing the
driving" and "how the boat is loaded" than what they are towing with. We
towed our R22 to Ky Lake (875 miles) twice with our S-10 V-6 and thought it
worked wonderfully. Plus, it didn't break the bank at the gas pumps the 99%
of the time when we weren't towing. We towed about like you did, 60-65 most
times and up to 70-or so sometimes and never under 50 on the hills.  People
tell me I'm nuts, I should have at least a 1/2 ton V-8 pickup for this and
a 3/4 ton would be better. I tell them, 1. learn how to load your boat. 2.
learn how to drive. :-) :-) Not nesessarilly in that order.

Going up to Superior on Sunday to get "Happy Little Girls 2" ready to set
on the trailer. We'll load her up first thing Monday morning. Then, after
some prep this week, it's off to the wilds of Kentucky for a week of doing
whatever the hell I please. Looks like we may leave the boat in a slip down
there for a couple months and go back down around Thanksgiving time for a
few more days.

:-) :-)
Rik