[Rhodes22-list] Winter Storage

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 17:37:57 EDT 2003

Jim,

When we tarp our boat for the winter, I remove the mast crutch and set the
mast down on the stern rail.  Now it's horizontal.  I support it in the
middle by putting a cushion on top of the companionway hatch.  Then I remove
the spreaders and that's about it.  It seems to make a perfect "ridge" for
the tarp, which covers the entire boat and tied down to the trailer.

I've only had my boat through two winters here in Minnesota, but so far this
has worked out pretty well.

Slim