[Rhodes22-list] Sheeting problem/coming about.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 12:20:28 EDT 2003

Coming about is something that requires technique. Doing it well will not
reduce hull speed dramitically and you will pick up the wind again without losing
distance as well. Practice makes perfect. My wife and I have it down to a
science. I handle the tiller and she does all the real work. Placing an object
over the forward cleat is like placing a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. Your
problem is that you are not controlling the sheets properly......work on it.

Rummy