[Rhodes22-list] Sunday sail.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 10:42:55 EDT 2003

Ed was correct when he said the lake was a little nasty yesterday, just the
way I like it. I had the genny furled to about 100% and the sheets inside the
shrouds. I dropped the pop top and lowered the boom. This is something I have
never, ever had to do before, but I didn't have any crew (ballast) along, so I
had little choice. The winds started out at around 20 mph and increased the
longer I was out there. Finally, after a couple of hours of wearing myself out,
I furled all sails and motored in. I looked around me asnd there wasn''t
another sail on the lake. As I motored back, I pulled my handy dandy wind meter out
and clocked gusts in the 33 mph range. Rum Runner handled the chop and the
wind beautifully. I did find another boat out as I motored in...........another
R22, "R Yot" belonging to Rodger and Betty. They had their main wrapped around
the boom and were sailing with their 175 genny partially furled.
A good time was had by all.

Rummy