[Rhodes22-list] Winter Storage

LafingBear at aol.com LafingBear at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 15:40:29 EDT 2003

Hi Jim! I've kept my mast  on the crutch and bow with two additional plastic
pipe supports for 5 yrs.  This is 4 inch pipe, one in the middle of the
cockpit, and one on the deck. I then put two heavy tarps over the entire boat and
use a few bamboo poles going from the rail area up to the mast to keep the tarps
taunt. The poles have prevented any snow or ice from poolling  and weighting
down the tarps .We've used this  through several severe winters with heavy
snowfall with no problems.
 Good luck!
Jim Gifford