[Rhodes22-list] Alternate Location for Traveler Bar

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:31:36 EST 2004

Jim, that placement of the traveler is common.  The only advantage I see
comes from the fact that it would be closer to the mast.  The closer to the
pivit point the greater the effect of a small adjustment.  Ex "Dumping the
Traveler" in the forward position would have greater effect than in the aft
position.  That is not enough reason for me to put the traveler there.  I
have been in many boats with at traveler there and it is a pain.  It is in
use the whole time you are sailing therefore it is in the way everytime you
need in the cabin (if you keep the cooler in there, that can be quite
often).  Hope it helps.  Bob W