[Rhodes22-list] what about Libya?

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Fri Apr 2 22:19:01 EST 2004

what about Libya, that a case where we got both nukes, chemicals and  cooperation from a guy who not above being a terrorist himself. Most helpful he gave up his sources permitting the pipeline knowledge to be plugged and some merchants to quietly disappear. now he have sanctions from the pan-am days. I still remember the William Safire op-ed explaining why we would have to give him a first nuke strike to take out his chemical plants. After Iraq he does a about face, I think it was related. He was grade "a" meat for who next and Paranoid(getting bombed does that :-). Like in my own job, people forget the easly ones.

MJM