[Rhodes22-list] politics - broad brushes

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Apr 5 12:50:04 EDT 2004

Steve wrote:
> PS- Aren't Medicare taxes taken out of every paycheck.
>  Incase you don't know the answer; they are.  Even
> though the fact that this is true - People should plan
> for retirement and not leave it up to the government
> to take care of them.  Whats wrong with most liberals
> is that they spend every dine they get thier hands on,
> got to have all the new toys today, NEVER plan for
> tomorrow.  Then when it time for retirement; they
> expect the other tax payers to support them.  And what
> did they do to help themselves; nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve -

Do you paint everything the same color and with a
6" brush?

One of the essential requirements of a democratic
society is independent thought.  It is a responsibility.
Labeling those who disagree with you as "Liberals" is
giving them a badge of honor.

Your pride in providing for yourself and your family
is warranted.  Your all-to-evident disdain for those
who may have a run of bad luck, or lack the education
required to climb out of the minimum wage hell-hole
is not justified.

As for the risks of terrorist attack - suck it up, man!
None of us get out of this alive, and it is really
cowardly to throw away our civil rights in a fruitless
attempt to be safe from those bastards.  They will
come again, and kill fewer people than we lose on the
roads on a summer weekend or two.  And over time, we
will hunt them down and kill them - not whole countries,
just the bad guys.

There are a hell of a lot of people who profess the
Islamic faith, and they come in many forms.  A very
small fraction want to kill all of the rest of us,
but right now, we are pissing most of them off.  The
broad brush dies not paint fine lines, and we need
some fine lines here.

How about it, Steve?  Stop foaming at the mouth and
start making reasonable arguments.

--
Robert W. Skinner CDP