Apology - was RE: [Rhodes22-list] Politics Geraldo Rivera reports

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 5 13:55:20 EDT 2004

When the least ambitious among us can all afford an R22, The ambitious ones
will be able to afford 2 Aleiron (sp) 28's or Hinckley day sailers
(whatever). Always has been this way, can't imagine that it will ever change.
If we all distributed the wealth evenly amongst us, then probably no one
would be able to afford an R 22. I wonder how many communist Russians or
Chinese can afford a fancy boat like a Rhodes. Aren't those the places where
all the people have the same income??? You know, like communism???

Most poor folks are that way because they either have little ambition, make
bad choices, ot both. If we gave most of them a million dollars today, most
would be worse off than they are now, a year or two from now.

Somebody please show me a nation the U.S. has "taken over". Jeez people we
kicked the shit out of both Germany and Japan, Who's running those countries
now??? Seems like if we were into take-overs, those two would have been ripe
for the picking.....NO?? Iraq will be no different. We'll hang around till it
looks stable and give it back to the people that live there, JUST LIKE WE
ALWAYS HAVE IN THE PAST. Saddam Hussein needed to be taken down. We should
have done it in '91, but we listened to the U.N. There was a mistake.! While
we were taking out Saddam, we were fortunate enough to also make an example
of him and his government for all the rest of the folks in that area to take
note of. Many of whom had been getting kind of a bad attitude just like
Saddam's. Seems attitudes are a lot better over there now, for the most part.
Sometimes talk won't do it, people don't take talk seriously if it doesn't
lead to action. We'd been all talk, for many years. A big stick, now that
will and did get somebody's attention.

I feel for the men and their families who have sacrificed their lives or
health in this conflict as much as the next guy. When they signed up to serve
their country, I believe they should have been prepared for events like this.
Nobady is twisting anyone's arm to join the armed services anymore, it's all
voluntary. If these people don't want to take part in wars and such, what are
they doing collecting a paycheck from the military. Wars, that is what the
military does, is it not??? Anyone notice the lack of deaths on our soil
lately??

It's only been a little over a year. As these things go, that is not long. I
think a little patience is called for. I don't think we can just pack up and
leave Iraq now.

Rik