[Rhodes22-list] Northern lights.

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Apr 16 14:24:50 EDT 2004

Rummy,

The last time I caught a good light show was last Fall during one of my late
night after-the-gig solo sails on Lake Minnetonka.  For some odd reason, I
always expect the Northern Lights to make noise and am taken aback by the
silence.  I know, I'm a little weird that way.

Once, my band was driving home from Williston, ND in the dead of winter when
we saw the big-time aurora borealis in full Technicolor.  We pulled over,
stood out on the interstate in 30 degrees below zero and watched as waves of
bright color swept across from horizon to horizon.  The entire sky was
ablaze with every color of the spectrum, and went on for nearly an hour.
This was the only time I've seen the colors but I'll never forget it!

Slim