[Rhodes22-list] New boat

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 18 11:42:58 EDT 2004

Congradulations on your new boat.  Glad to hear that the boat is in such
good shape.
Rigging the boat is easy - but don't rush it. As folks have mentioned in the
last few days a
checklist is a good idea.  Make sure that the shrouds are clear before
liftng the mast.
It is also not a bad idea to invite an experienced sailor along for your
first trip.  There
are lots of them hanging around just waiting for an invitation.  It is also
a good idea to
exercise sail furling and unfurling at the dock before you go out.

I finally had a chance to take the cover off and begin getting the Empress
ready for
her sail across Lake Michigan to Monroe Harbor.  Installed a new solar panel
and the
padeye for the UPS.  Another weekend of cleanup and we should be ready to
launch.
Then I will be a 20 minute "EL" ride to the boat.

good luck,

Ron Lipton