storm jib Re: [Rhodes22-list] various head sails/stepchild rhodes

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 22:18:20 EDT 2004

Jeff, my R22  1973 was built by OneDesign Marine out of New Jersey it
features a well for the out board and came with roller main and head sails not "IMF"
furling.  Also known as a Rhodes Continental.  The  sails where pretty much
worn by the end of last season.  Rather then spend big bucks on new roller genoa
set up I bought a  couple of used  hank on sails of of two sizes from a loft
on the net for a couple of hundred bucks. In very good condition with new
hanks. I put a down haul so I could drop it quickly.  This is my second season
with the boat and it is really starting to grow on  me.  I wet sanded and
compounded the hull this season came out like new    ....unbelievable.  I almost
changed the traveller set up but with the wire bridle off the back stays I find no
need for a back stay tensioner.  Goodluck with your boat.