[Rhodes22-list] Mast Raising

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 18:30:59 EDT 2004

Slim,

When I stored the boat last fall, I took the mast out of the crutch, laid it
on the stern rail (off-center), removed the mast crutch and centered the
mast for winter storage.  I plan to reverse the process, so I'll be lifting
the mast from the stern rail and placing it into the (previously installed)
crutch.

I am 6'2" with long arms, so I have a good reach.  As I recall, I still had
to lift and walk forward to clear the crutch sides.  I don't recall whether
I had to stand on the seats.

I'm not sure why this would not work, but if this is a bad idea, please let
me know.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
'84 recycled '03