[Rhodes22-list] Size and Placement of Letters

Grayson/Ena Lynn agl2001 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 3 10:23:57 EDT 2004

When we sailed Pilot Star out of Bethel, NC (close by Edenton) we hung a
life ring on stock brackets from the pushpit, and stuck standard die-cut
vinyl letters on that.  Not artistic, but functional and visible.  For extra
safety for the non-swimming SO, a life line in a throw bag clipped on, one
end to the life ring and the other to the backstay.  In port the whole rig
stowed in the lazarette, out of the Carolina weather.  Happily, we never had
to use it.

  Size matters here, so you have to choose your boat name and/or home port
carefully.  Sorry, no picture.

<G>