[Rhodes22-list] Lou's boat and surveyors

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Thu Aug 5 11:38:14 EDT 2004

FYI

I brought my 1975 Rhodes 22 Nov 2022 from a back yard for $2000.
Included 1998    5 hp Nissan outboard, trailer (no brakes)
 GBI Genoa furler, standard main, extra Genoa and storm jib, 8 ft hard dingy. I did not want a project boat, but I got one.

On the plus side the basic hull is well made and I  have learned a lot about sailing and refitting sailboats (and have spent $1155.00 to date on fixing with more to come).

there is no doubt in my mind that buying a  refurbished boat from Stan is a better deal    long term.

But this is America and everyone gets to pick their own poison.

Bob Dilk

>>> lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu 08/05/04 10:18AM >>>
Ed,
  First of all MUCH thanks for the links!
  yes I am afraid of sharks who might come and eat up the only offer
I can afford right now.
  the boat is in the back of a boat yard and has been un cared for but
the owner is asking
  $1500.  it  has not been advertised recently as far as I know of.

  I am also looking at a Catalina22 that day.   I will take digital
pics and possibly post them if  I can figure out how you guys and
gals do that on the list.
  thanks  again,
  Lou