[Rhodes22-list] Computer email advice to Eric

John Tonjes robertbovee at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:04:11 EDT 2004

Roger,
The static electricity buidls up on the boat and when she reaches over the
railing (bare skin) touching the railing and the outboard, she completes the
circuit. Trust me, it gets your attention on the bare skin of a large belly
like mine. I don't have an explanation for all the science behind it, but I
know this is the case. A quick check withn a volt meter will answerr the
question. A reading of 12 volts will indicate a battery system short, as you
have thought it was. Anything different will be a static build up.

Rummy....glad to be home again. Home, where the ice is free and the rum
plentiful.