[Rhodes22-list] Re: Lou's boat trailering

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 15:54:15 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, August 10, 2004, at 12:45 PM, Robert Dilk wrote:

> regarding lights
>
> I purchased two trailer lights, mounted them on an 8 ft  2 x 4 and
> wired the whole thing so I could hang it off the back of the boat when
> I picked up my old Rhodes. One less thing to worry about.
>
> BTW
> You do understand that most states now require brakes on trailers over
> 3000 pounds. BTW my trailer has no brakes.
>
> FYI
>
> Bob Dilk

  Bob,
    The lights seem new and will be tested. Thanks for the info about
the brakes but my trailer registration says a wt of 2550 which even
seems inflated.
    Its an old TRITON trailer with wood supports padded on the side of
the hull and a good slot for the keel to sit in.
   I am about to send an email to Stan requesting prices on the upgrade
to IMF and a new 175%genoa.
   thanks for the info on your boat as a comparison.
  peace
  Lou