[Rhodes22-list] Out of the water

Ben Schultz BenS at ApproSystems.com
Tue Aug 10 16:54:08 EDT 2004

On Saturday, I had Velvet Elvis hauled out of the water for the first time
since Elton dropped it off (it was foggy, but not raining, as I recall).  If
I remember right, that's been more than four years, so expected the bottom
to be a real mess.

To my pleasant surprise, the bottom had a layer of slime, but cleaned up
pretty good with a pressure wash.  I can't imagine why it wasn't worse.  I
guess I sail in fairly salty water, but slip in more fresh water, so any
particular species of slime can't get comfortable.

In case you were wondering, I don't even have a trailer, had I wanted to
pull out before now.  One of these days I'll get one, perhaps, but then I'd
just need another vehicle that could two it, a spot to keep the trailer
while the boat's in the water, etc.  Hassles.  Anyway, I'm hopefully sailing
again this weekend.  For some reason, we've had a couple of fronts that are
keeping the heat of summer fairly manageable.

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from
your system and contact the sender.