[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22

albert caiola albert_caiola at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 09:05:02 EDT 2004

Hello,
I have been seriously considering the purchase of my first sailboat.  After some intense research I narrowed the choice down to two boats, the Catalina 250 Water Ballast and the Macgregor 26M also a Water ballast boat.  I thought my search was over until I found the Rhodes 22 website.  This boat seems to have it all.

I live in coastal New Jersey and plan to sail along the coast and in a number of surrounding bays, shallow rivers and estuaries.  I also plan to trailer the boat to other locations and keep it in my driveway when not in use, ( there is a public boat launch less than 1/2 mile away).

I have a few questions that I hope someone will be able to shed light on,

1. Is this the right boat for the type of sailing I would like to do and the for the area in which I plan to sail in?

2. Can the cabin accommodate 4 adults and a child or two comfortably for a weekend or does it get claustrophobic?

3. Is the boat easy to set-up, launch, sail and remove single handed?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Al from NJ