[Rhodes22-list] A little advise please !

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Aug 10 10:22:35 EDT 2004

My brother took his R22 out last week, and while I was out with him, I was showing him what I knew of how things worked. I showed him the centerboard halyard, and sure enough, it stuck. I started thinking of all the hard things that it could be, then I remembered he had been redoing the inside. Turns out, the tube that protects the line had shifted some, and gotten caught behind the wood. The wood was putting enough pressure on the line that the cb wouldn't drop.

All that to say, be sure to check for some of the simpler things first. My O'Day centerboard was constantly sticking, until I ran a machete up the side of the board, and (carefully) knocked all the dead marine growth out that had accumulated up inside the trunk.

>>> <R22RumRunner at aol.com> 8/10/2004 5:22:52 AM >>>
Dave in Indiana,
If the centerboard won't come down, I guess you will have to remove the
centerboard cap and find out why. ( On the trailer of course) Must be something
jammed in their with it, like mud or a fish or......?
Mean Green is a great cleaner, but I don't believe it will remove the rust.
I'm not sure what will remove the rust without destroying the Dacron the sails
 are made from. Hopefully someone else on the list can help.

Rummy