[Rhodes22-list] Greenwood Lake Boat Shop

Richard Smith sailnut at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 12 10:46:45 EDT 2004

<Yet I have met people who are happy with their Mac's.  One couple I
met loved to just sit in the cockpit at the dock and drink for hours on end.
Occasionally, they would go for an hour's sail.>

It's a matter of where you use it and how you use it.  I think that sailing
a Mac on L.I. sound or on any body of water where you can get caught out in
a blow is foolish to say the least.  On the other hand, I think it's an
excellent boat for sailing on an average size lake.  For lake sailing one
would be on my short list.

The issue with Mac's is not sailing ability.  Many sail very well.  However
the construction is very light and the robustness needed for sailing in
relatively heavy conditions is not there.

Richard Smith