[Rhodes22-list] Florida and Capt Sheehan

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Mon Aug 16 16:42:19 EDT 2004

My brother-in-law, his wife and their teenage son live in Ft. Meyers.
Everyone's OK.  They have no electricity or land line phone but we talked to
them on the cell phone.  Their new house suffered little damage except for
the "bird cage" screening around the pool and a few roof tiles.  The house
next door is under construction and the portable "port-a-let" (?) splattered
all over Michael's house.  Yuk!  They're losing the meat in their freezer
and have no stove to cook on--it's electric.  They have no back yard grill
or even a little camp stove, so food is down to the basics.  Michael's the
kind of guy who would have a back-up generator but the house is just
finished and he hadn't had the time or budget to get one.  Peanut butter
sandwich anyone?  He was his own general contractor for his house and
overbuilt everything beyond hurricane specs so he's pretty happy despite the
cleanup.

Slim